Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dead Three: Merit Badge




                The other day I saw one of the sweetest things a gentleman can do. It was simple, but something you don’t really see anymore, not even at Publix, which is ridiculous. A very old woman was walking to her car with a couple of Grocery bags, when a young man in his twenties came up to her and offered her a hand. She thankfully accepted his offer and allowed the boy to take her bags into her car.
                While I was watching this I thought “oh how sweet” and was instantly reminded of the young boy from UP trying to attain his last patch. Of course in retrospect the only true aspects connecting these two characters are that they are both males who aided an elderly person… Don’t question my logic!
 Well, while I was thinking this, my boyfriend instantly took a defensive pose. It did not take me long to understand that the reason he had prepared himself to attack was because not all people do good things with good intentions. It’s sad really, that good deeds go undone because of this preconceived fear that everyone in the world has malicious intentions. Thankfully, however, the young man did nothing but put the bags in the woman’s car, shut the door, and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment