Saturday, August 6, 2011

One Rose






In the Streets of Miami you’ll usually find a street vendor on just about every street corner. Well every time I see a vendor selling flowers the same image comes to mind. I imagine a handsome man walking down the streets and gazing into my car, in awe he would knock on my window and offer me a single rose.

The story is unrealistic, so I’ll make do with the love of my life making the same gesture. But it can’t just be any ordinary rose on any ordinary day. One day when I’m sad and gloomy, and can’t stand to get up I want to receive a single Rainbow Rose. It’s a colorful artificially made rose. While that sounds cold, it must be a difficult process to get each petal to be a different color. And to receive such a fun appearing flower would instantly brighten my day. J

But on Valentines day or our Anniversary, nothing would mean more to me than to receive a dried rose. See to me, it's not a dead rose, it's a preserved rose. What would say "love me forever" than a rose that does not wilt and will stay beautiful. 
Yeah, Yeah, I'm a girl with emotions and silly dreams. Get used to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment