Thursday, August 18, 2011

Road Trip

First Stop: To the Mall 



First thing’s first. The Candy in this place is fucking amazing! Is it worth the price they ask for? Well that’s up to you, it’s $ 12.99/lb, but the quality and variety is amazing! I went to the store in Orlando at the Florida Mall. It was fun to just look at all the colors, but I have to say the most interesting candy there were these milk chocolate rocks. Yes, I said rocks. They are basically like M&M’s only like 50 times better.


After a brisk afternoon at the mall we enjoyed a nice few hours at the pool of our pretty crappy hotel. Next time we visit we are going to say in a 5 star resort where breakfast and dinner is brought to our room in a silver platter with a red rose in a thin vase on the side. No cockroaches aloud! Soon after that we showered and slept as early as we could.

Second Stop: Islands of Adventure
                The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the icon of awesomeness. The amount of detail and work put into create this magical world made it almost impossible for you not to love this park. I’m personally not a Harry Potter fanatic, but that did not strip me of being awe struck. The line for the actual ride was not that long it moved quickly, the only slow down were people who were already in the castle taking pictures. Needless to say we became those people once we got in.
The process of getting onto the ride was actually very systematic, which in my mind was a very big plus. I absolutely despise having to wait forever for a ride that takes less than 20 seconds to complete. When we got onto our “brooms” (it’s really a bench of coaster seats) we were sent on our way to flee from a dragon, into the forest with the giant spiders, a close encounter with the moving tree, a Quidditch match, an attack from the Dementors, and finally to safety. It was really a trip! I rode it a total of 3 times in that one morning!

The Blue Man Group was another great even of the day! These guys were so silly! The music was amazing, their acts were even better. My favorite part of the evening was towards the end when they blasted the music, lit up the auditorium with black lights, dropped streams of colored tubes, and spread tons of toilet paper across the room. It was extraordinarily fun!

Third Stop: Universal Studios
                Not much to say about this place. It was a fun brisk day with many pictures of us with cars, fun characters, and what not. It rained quite a bit, but nothing makes my day better like dippin’ dots. The shows were fun, and the rides didn’t make me light headed which was a major plus.
                Now that I think about it, we didn’t do much at this park. Let’s see: E.T, Shrek 4D, The Simpson’s Ride, Disaster, Twister, Animal Actors, Jaws and the Horror Make-Up Show. Okay, so I guess we actually did a lot. Regardless, it felt like significantly less compared to the day at Islands of Adventure.


Final Thoughts
Let me not forget the best part of the whole damn trip! Taking a picture with a hunky Captain America MAN! Bro! This guy was so damn sexy I dreamt of him that very night. Can you say HOT DAMN! Hahaha! It was a silly dream with my girlfriend and me competing for him. There were secret doors and hidden passage ways it was awesome. But I had my very own captain at home ;) Needless to say that dreams are fun while they last, but real life takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment