Sunday, August 7, 2011

When My Heart Aches for You


The simple cure to a longing heart is a nice tall glass of chocolate milk. The recipe is easy. Pour about a sixteenth of that cup with chocolate syrup, fill the rest of the cup with milk, and stir. For an extra kick add whipped cream starting from the rim of the cup and working your way inward. You can’t stop there though, if you add the whipped cream you have to add some chocolate syrup on top.
I learned this cure recently when I had to leave my boyfriend extra early one day. I felt a mini void when I left, which yeah is a cliché but tis life. I’m not going to tell him yet, but I think I’ve fallen in love. But that’s for another day. Today I will tell you that drinking chocolate milk made the rest of my day easier so you should try it too. 
Chocolate has been shown to temporarily induce happiness because of "it's high levels of sugar and fat, phenylethylamine, and caffeine." The sugar releases serotonin while the fat and phenylethylamine release endorphins. This combination of neurotransmitters induces "happiness." The Caffeine in chocolate acts as a slights stimulant as well. (http://www.faqs.org/nutrition/Met-Obe/Mood-Food-Relationships.html)

P.S. I wouldn't suggest drinking so much of it… Might get you a bit sick..

No comments:

Post a Comment